For the glory of God, we will invite people to join us in a committed walk with Christ, supporting each other in the growth and maturity of Christ-like character and conduct.
We will equip one another for joyful acts of service for His Church, encouraging each other to communicate God’s love for all peoples in the world.
We believe God’s people should experience His love through fellowship in a supportive community of believers. By holding to the supremacy of Jesus Christ and maintaining our continual focus on Him, this love will be made manifest by our genuine concern for each other’s wellbeing. Through this experience in the life of the church and by the giftedness and grace empowerment of the Holy Spirit, we shall be motivated to active involvement in joyful worship, devoted study of the Scriptures, heartfelt prayer, and sacrificial service both locally and to the world.
God’s people are spiritually gifted to help those who are in need in our local community and the world, to know and feel the assurance of their eternal salvation in Jesus Christ.
We believe the Holy Spirit will reveal opportunities to boldly share the gospel message, and we are committed to act upon those opportunities the Lord sets before us. This responsibility can be fulfilled through practical service ministries such as those that now exist and others that the Holy Spirit directs us to undertake.
We invite members of the community to join with us in our celebration of special occasions in the life of the congregation; in our facilitation of and participation in group activities consistent with Christian development/discipleship; in our efforts to support the institutions of marriage and the family; and in special worship and prayer services.
Congregational Life of Loving God and Loving Others
We are a thankful and forgiven people that joyfully gather each week to worship God our Father and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ using every gift the Holy Spirit has given us. We are committed to i) loving and caring for those in need and seeking out such opportunities as part of our proclamation that Christ is Lord, ii) instilling in our youth and adults life application of biblical principles, iii) growing in our understanding of the scriptures, and iv) praying that the Holy Spirit would lead each of us to please God in all that we say and do.
We believe that the work of the Spirit is the power for transforming individuals’ lives and the church. A primary means is by Spirit-empowered teaching. (Acts 2:42;
2 Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 4:12)
- The church must be directed by the truth of Scripture.
- The Holy Spirit will apply the truth of Scripture to people’s lives.
- Anointed teaching should result in the application of truth, not just in the increase of knowledge.
We believe that the church is called to witness to the saving power of the Gospel within the church, the local community and the unbelieving world around us. (Luke 5:30-32; Luke 12:1 Corinthians 9:19-23; Matt 18:14)
- All people matter to God so they matter to us.
- Christ’s followers should do whatever it takes to reach people who exist outside of a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Fully devoted followers, by definition, do the work of evangelism.
- The concepts of relational evangelism and evangelism as a process are important.
We believe the word of God is the foundation of truth. (1 Corinthians 9:19-23;
1 Timothy 4:16; 2 Timothy 4:3-6)
- The church should be culturally relevant, while remaining doctrinally pure and sensitive to tradition.
We believe the church is a nurturing community of God where discipleship, healing and life transformation are experienced. (Luke 6:12-13; Acts 2:44-47; Philippians 1:6. Colossians 2:2)
- Small groups are a primary source of discipleship, healing and life transformation.
- Authenticity, humility and Biblical love are critical to spiritual and relational growth.
- This includes the concepts of truth-telling Biblical conflict resolution and vulnerability.
We believe the church exists for Jesus and should operate as a unified community
of followers who know and exercise the gifts of the Holy Spirit in true servanthood.
(1 Corinthians 12:4, 13; Romans 12; Ephesians 4; Col. 3:17)
- Jesus is the head of the body.
- Power for ministry comes from Jesus.
- Prayer is absolutely essential to the church.
- All we do should honor God. Excellence honors God and inspires people.
We believe the church should be led by devoted servant leaders. (Romans 12:6-8;
Acts 6:2-5; Ezekiel 34:1-10)
- This includes lay and pastoral leadership.
- Leaders must serve God and the people of the church.
- Church attendees should discerningly recognize God-honoring leadership.
- This includes the concepts of empowerment, servant leadership, strategic focus and intentionality.
We believe that full devotion to Jesus Christ and his cause is normal for every believer. (1 Kings 11:4; Philippians 2:1-11; 2 Corinthians 8:6-7, Luke 9:23; Isaiah 58:2)
- Fully devoted followers are servants and joyful givers of all their resources: time, energy, availability and money.
- Study and service will result in joy through the Spirit.
- Scripture study and prayer are normal daily activities for a believer.
- This includes the concepts of stewardship, servanthood, downward mobility, and the pursuit of kingdom goals.
Statement of Faith
• We believe the Bible consisting of the Old and New Testament, to be the only inspired, inerrant, infallible, authoritative Word of God written.
• We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
• We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
• We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful man regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
• We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling power and fullness the Christian is enabled to live a godly life in this present evil world.
• We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
• We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in Christ.
Comments? Contact administrator at email@example.com